JOB DESCRIPTION: MAINTENANCE MANAGER
The Jurassic Forest and Learning Centre is an outdoor active learning park located just minutes north of Edmonton, Alberta. Opened in July 2010 Jurassic Forest is Canada’s largest animatronic dinosaur park, with trails set on 40 acres of old growth forest. Open seasonally from May to October, Jurassic Forest welcomes visitors of all ages to experience prehistory like never before.
The Maintenance Manager is an integral part of the team at Jurassic Forest, working a year-round full time salaried position. The Maintenance Manager is an independent Jack of all trades who thrives in an outdoor environment and is ready to achieve different goals every day. A solution-oriented person with a positive attitude, the Maintenance Manager is savvy with electronic components, comfortable running equipment, able to delegate and direct staff, and upholds a standard of excellence. If you are a dedicated worker looking to build a rewarding career in a unique environment at a world-class attraction, this could be you!
Main Responsibilities of the Maintenance Manager:
• Report to the General Manager.
• Repair, paint, and ensure proper working order of animatronic dinosaurs and sensors.
• Maintain the appearance and good working order of the facility, building, machinery, and trails.
• Monitor facility conditions and perform general repairs.
• Supervise a small team during the summer season, train staff and build an effective team.
• Repair basic computers and ensure integrity of electronic components, including sensor wires.
• Run small equipment and use tools, perform basic carpentry and painting, work with fiberglass and other materials.
• Follow safety protocols and ensure proper usage of chemicals and tools.
• Work at height when necessary.
Requirements for the Maintenance Manager:
• High school diploma required, post-secondary education in a related field is an asset.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to learn independently.
• Good electrical component repair skills, this position is most suited to a mechanically oriented individual.
• Positive attitude and the ability to solve problems quickly under pressure.
• A minimum of 5 years general maintenance, general trades, or related experience.
• Some supervisory experience preferred.
• Full-time permanent salaried position.
• Salary range $45,000-$55,000 dependent on education and experience.
• Access to reliable transportation necessary due to the facility being located outside of city limits.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Jurassic Forest, please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.