JOB DESCRIPTION: MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
The Jurassic Forest and Learning Centre is an outdoor active learning park located just minutes north of Edmonton, Alberta. Opened in July 2010 Jurassic Forest is Canada’s largest animatronic dinosaur park, with trails set on 40 acres of old growth forest. Open seasonally from May to October, Jurassic Forest welcomes visitors of all ages to experience prehistory like never before.
The Maintenance Technician is an integral part of the team at Jurassic Forest. Assisting the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician is a Jack of all trades who thrives in an outdoor environment and is ready to achieve different goals every day. A solution-oriented person with a positive attitude, the Maintenance Technician is both computer-savvy and comfortable with hand and power tools.
Main responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician:
• Report to the General Manager and Maintenance Manager.
• Maintain the appearance and good working order of the facility, machinery, and trails.
• Monitor facility conditions and perform general repairs.
• Repair basic computers and ensure integrity of sensors, wiring, and electronic and computerized components.
• Run small equipment and use tools, perform basic carpentry and painting.
• Follow safety protocols.
• Work at height.
Requirements for the Maintenance Technician:
• High school diploma required, post-secondary education in a related field is an asset.
• Strong communication skills and ability to learn.
• Good computer skills.
• Positive attitude and ability to solve problems.
• A minimum of 2 years general maintenance or related experience.
• Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
• Permanent year-round position.
• Training provided during working hours.
• Access to reliable transportation necessary due to the facility being located outside of city limits.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.